Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Prologue

While visiting Union Mills, Indiana for their Mill Pond Festival this past Saturday, I got the idea to combine 2 things I love: small towns and taking pictures. It just popped in my head - Walking Small Town Indiana.

All my life I have lived in small towns in northern Indiana. Small towns have good and bad points just like cities but there is just something about a small town.

I grew up in North Liberty. Safe, quiet little town with not too much going on. I lived there until I was about 26 and then we moved to Koontz Lake. 1 1/2 years later I bought my first home in Walkerton, the small town I now call home.

What I hope to do in the months to come, is visit small towns in Indiana, walk around them, capture their beauty & charm and visit the local establishments. Some of these towns will be the "blink and you miss it" kind of town, some a bit bigger.

With so many small towns in Indiana I could do this for years before I visited them all!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thank you for putting this together and I look forward to joining you on some of your travels! : )

    I had so much fun last weekend on our trek through a few small towns in northwest Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get out a lot this fall for the pretty leaves!

      Delete

Do you live in a small town and want me to visit? Feel free to leave me a message! Have you been to the small town I blogged about? What was your experience? None of the above? - Feel free to comment.