Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Allergies :(

I so want to get out there and take some pictures and visit some towns! My allergies have hit hard this week and generally I am stuck in the house until mid September. I am not sure if I will get out this weekend or not. Gas prices are also what holds me back from getting out there. I am hoping soon they will drop as well.

In some ways, I wish I had thought of this(Walking Small Town Indiana) sooner. A lot of really neat buildings are no longer there due to demolition in the surrounding communities. Like North Liberty...the old Harvey's 5 and dime store. It was a neat old building that had wood floors and they creaked when you walked. It ended up being Craft's drugstore for quite awhile. Then it was turned into a bar. Now it is gone. They are building a Subway Restaurant in its place.

I am beginning to understand now why my parents get that sad look when they talk about buildings, businesses and homes that used to be there! For instance, here in Walkerton, where the Casey's gas station sits now is where my Gramma's house used to be. My mom talks about that house a lot.

Anyway....I haven't picked out any specific towns to visit yet. Going to have to get the map out. I am going in September to The Village at Winona in Warsaw, a sort of "mini town" in a city. One of my oldest friends and I are going to check it out.

Besides walking around Indiana, I run a daycare and have to get busy for the day. Until next time...

Small Town Hoosier Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you live in a small town and want me to visit? Feel free to leave me a message! Have you been to the small town I blogged about? What was your experience? None of the above? - Feel free to comment.